Duo of Mirrored Semi-Cooked Chocolate Tarte
with Aromatic Macarons
Here is my recipe "Chocolate Two Ways" inspired by the recipe “La tarte au chocolat Héléne" by the Grand French Chef, Alain Chapel.
Proportions for a normal pie (equal to two cake molds 10 x 4 inches (Non-Stick Tart Pan with Removable Bottom)
Cook time 45 minutes
- 5 oz (100g) high quality dark chocolate from 60% to 85% (if you like bitterness)
- 3 oz (80g) fine butter (sweet cream butter crafted like Cowbell from Jefferson, NY)
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar (organic cane)
- 4 tbsp (50g) floor (organic all purpose)
- 3 large eggs (very fresh)
- 1/2 cup (10cl) whole milk (organic)
- 7 oz (150g) high quality bitter dark cocoa powder
- 7 oz de heavy cream (organic)
- 4 tbsp (50g) sugar (organic cane sugar)
- 8 tbsp (100g) fine butter (sweet cream butter crafted like Cowbell from Jefferson, NY)
- Macarons: orange, lemon, or passion fruit flavor
- 4 oz Crunch roasted Macadamia mutes.
Preheat oven to 350º F (180º C).
In a stainless-steel bowl (or if you have one a water bath bowl, in a hot water bath), add the butter (cut into small squares) and your chopped chocolate. Gently stir quickly with a wooden spatula constantly until it mixes, then take your bowl out of the water and reserve off of the heat. In another stainless-steel bowl, break your 3 eggs and add the sugar. Using an electric whisk, blend everything, then add the flour and mix well. Add your chocolate mixture and keep beating for 7 to 8 minutes.
Pour all into one or both molds (Non-Stick Tart Pan with Removable Bottom) bake for 20 minutes in the oven on the middle rack.
Option 1 :
Take out the cake, and after 10 minutes, gently unmold and let it cool completely on a metal rack.
Option 2 :
If you have prepared two, leave the second in the oven for another 15 minutes. After 10 minutes, gently unmold and let it cool completely on a metal rack.
Meanwhile, prepare the icing:
Boil the cream with the sugar, add the chocolate off of the heat, mix well, and let cool. Then add the cold butter in small pieces, integrate one by one by continuing to mix with a wooden spatula.
Place your two pies (on their racks) on an oven dish. When the icing is shiny, pour the liquid gently over the entire cake(s). Let cool, and add macarons for decoration.