and Bonde Wine Pairings
Preparation time 45 minutes
- 14 oz fresh (or frozen) cooked lobster meat
- ½ cup of homemade mayonnaise (see recipe below)
- 2 oz fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 2 soupspoons thinly chopped fresh chives
- 1 deep green fresh celery stalks (chopped extremely thin)
- 2 oz unsalted better
- 1 teaspoon “fleur de sel” salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh green peppercorns (chopped extremely fine)
- 8 hotdog buns
- 8 oz sunflower oil
- 2 fresh egg yolks
- 1 soupspoon Dijon mustard (preferably Maille traditional)
- ½ teaspoon Champagne vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Put the egg yolks and mustard in a wide bowl. Use an Electric hand mixer at medium speed to mix eggs and mustard well. Add salt, pepper and vinegar, then gently and very slowly drizzle the oil and be careful that the oil mixes completely before setting aside.
Roughly chop the lobster meat. Put it with the butter in a Ziploc freezer bag. Roll the bag to extract as much air as possible, then tightly seal. Put the bag for 15 minutes in a water bath (out of the heat). The water must be at 125F.
Sous vide: immerse the bag when the water is at 120ºF
Ready to Cook:
Light your grill on low or your kitchen oven on broil.
Unfold your hotdog buns into butterfly shape.
Remove the lobster from the bag and pour the bag’s liquid in a small bowl.
Use a kitchen brush to brush the inside of the buns with the liquid.
Place the open side breads on the BBQ grill (over low heat)
or on a sheet pan at medium heat in the oven. Watch so that the bread is golden but does not darken.
Mixing and Serving:
In a bowl, use a wooden spoon to mix all the ingredients (lobster, mayonnaise, lemon juice, chive, celery, salt, and pepper). Spread evenly in all the hotdog buns and serve with classic salted potato chips.
Wine Pairing Suggestions:
- Morgen Long, Chardonnay 2019, Willamette Valley, OR
- Champagne Castelnau Réserve Brut, Champagne, France
- Halter Ranch Rosé 2020, Paso Robles, Adelaida District, Central Coast, CA
- Tablas Creek, Patelin de Tablas Rosé 2021, Paso Robles, Central Coast, CA